ar9170 is a GPL driver for the Atheros 802.11n USB chipset (AR9170).
See also otus, the driver which ar9170 is based on.
It is recommended you use the latest ar9170 driver, you can obtain this through compat-wireless. You will need to be at least on 2.6.27.
Firmware is open! Go check the ar9170.fw page.
- 802.11abgn/bgn (depending on hardware)
- 1 or 2 spatial streams for 802.11n (depending on hardware)
- 802.11 a/b/g
- Ad-hoc, monitor and station mode
- Cryptographic accelerator in station mode
not working yet
- Cryptographic accelerator in Ad-hoc mode
- Adaptive Noise Immunity
- Lots of other things
- AP mode (haven't found a way to properly transmit multicast frames after DTIM)