ar9170 is a GPL driver for the Atheros 802.11n USB chipset (AR9170).
See also otus, the driver which ar9170 is based on.
The driver is now included in 2.6.30-git code
Firmware is open! Go check the ar9170.fw page.
- 802.11abgn/bgn (depending on hardware)
- 1 or 2 spatial streams for 802.11n (depending on hardware)
- 802.11 a/b/g
- Ad-hoc, monitor and station mode
- Cryptographic accelerator in station mode
not working yet
- Cryptographic accelerator in Ad-hoc mode
- Adaptive Noise Immunity
- Lots of other things
- AP mode (haven't found a way to properly transmit multicast frames after DTIM)