Go back –> Atheros Linux wireless drivers
ar9170 is a GPL driver for the Atheros 802.11n USB chipset (AR9170).
See also otus, the driver which ar9170 is based on.
ar9170 will be part of the 2.6.31 kernel release but new updates (such as AVM Fritz support, and support for the one stage open source firmware) will be available until 2.6.32. You can however get the latest ar9170 driver, as targeted in the wireless-testing development tree by using git to get wireless-testing directly or by using the compat-wireless tarball which will get you only the wireless drivers.
Firmware is open! Go check the ar9170.fw page.
- 802.11abgn/bgn (depending on hardware)
- 1 or 2 spatial streams for 802.11n (depending on hardware)
- 802.11 a/b/g
- Ad-hoc, monitor and station mode
- Cryptographic accelerator in station mode
not working yet
- Cryptographic accelerator in Ad-hoc mode
- Adaptive Noise Immunity
- Lots of other things
- AP mode (haven't found a way to properly transmit multicast frames after DTIM)