The libertas driver made it's debut in the OLPC laptop, where drives an Marvell 88W83886 USB device. Later driver front ends for similar chips which use compact flash or SDIO have been written.
- Marvell 88W8385 CF/SDIO
- Marvell 88W8386 USB
AmbiCom WL54CF (CF)
SparkLAN WCFM-100 (CF)
- prototype boards
- OLPC laptop
- station (with limited roaming support)
- Mesh on USB devices (802.11s like)
- Mainly interesting for developers, it allows to switch various debug messages on and of.
- Can extract a firmware out of a binary file.
You can get the source of the tools via
git clone git://git.infradead.org/users/schurig/libertas-tools.git tools
All devices need firmware.
Go to Marvell's driver download page and search for OLPC. Download, extract to /lib/firmware/ and be happy.
Get the libertas-tools from above and change into the fwcutter/ directory. Type make. The makefile will download a binary driver, extract the firmware out of it, checks it. Copy the two firmware files libertas_helper.fw and libertas.fw from the fwcutter/ directory into the /lib/firmware/ directory.
- No information yet. Ask Marc Pignant or Pierre Ossman about this.