otus is an Atheros IEEE 802.11n USB Linux "vendor" driver, licensed under the ISC. This driver was used as base to write a new driver based on mac80211, ar9170, which is now upstream. ar9170 still lacks 11n support so you will want to use this driver if you want 11n support until ar9170 matures.
This driver was deleted of the kernel tree : http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=cff55f50b882b197a52c4cf0108a43c615d1fdba
Atheros 802.11n hardware:
- UB81 - 2x2 2.4 GHz
- UB82 - 2x2 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- UB83 - 1x2 2.4 GHz
All of these devices are AR9170.
Products in the market
- WNDA3100 (Dual Band, USB ID 0846:9010, FCC ID PY307300073)
- WN111v2 (USB ID 0846:9001)
- FRITZ!WLAN N USB Stick (USB ID 0x57c, 0x8401) - currently not running with the driver (see mailing list).
- Kernel 2.4 - 2.6
- openssl-dev package.
Our otus mailing list for this driver is:
Get the code
You can get the code here
wpa_supplicant otus driver
This driver requires its own supplicant driver for wpa_supplicant 0.4.8. For your convenience you can find the tarball here:
- IEEE standard compliance
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g
- IEEE 802.11h, 802.11d
- IEEE 80211i
- IEEE Draft 2.0 802.11n
- Ad Hoc
- join (2.4GHz, 5GHz if SKU allows)
- create (2.4GHz , 5GHz if SKU allows)
- Adhoc security: WEP
- Security: WPA/WPA2 (Personal / Enterprise)