Go back –> Atheros Linux wireless drivers
ath10k is the mac80211 wireless driver for Qualcom Atheros QCA988x family of chips, which support IEEE 802.11ac.
A major difference from ath9k is that there's now a firmware and that's why we had to implement a new driver.
ath10k has it's own mailing list for discussions and patches:
Until ath10k is accepted upstream the driver is available from github.com:
Firmware is temporalily available at https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware until it will be available from linux-firmware.git.
firmware does not support association to the same AP from different virtual STA interfaces (driver prints "ath10k: Failed to add peer XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX for VDEV: X" in that case)
- monitor/promiscuous mode causes firmware crashes very often
- packet injection isn't supported yet
- applying ath9k regulatory domain hack patch from OpenWRT causes firmware crash (reason: regulatory hint function is never called and ath10k never sends scan channel list to the firmware which in turn causes firmware to crash on scan)
Please send bug reports to the mailing list email@example.com
ath10k supports Qualcomm Atheros 802.11ac QCA98xx based devices, here's a list of known products:
QCA9880 found in Tp-Link WDR-7500
Send patches to the mailing lists below. Kalle Valo reviews the patches within the next few days and, if they are ok, commits them to ath.git.
Preferably use ath.git master as the baseline for patches. Other trees can be used as well, but then the chances of conflicts are higher.
Guidelines for patches:
- MUST be compiler warning free.
- MUST be sparse warning free.
- Commit log MUST not be empty.
- The commit log MUST answer the question "Why?":
- Describe the motivation behind the bug.
- How does it change the functionality from user's point of view?
- Does it fix a bug? If it does, please describe the bug (doesn't need to be long). Also if there's a public bug report add the link to the bug report.
- If others have reported the issue commit log SHOULD use Reported-by: and Tested-by: tags.
- SHOULD be checkpatch clean:
- FIXME: add checkpatch example with correct arguments
- Patches SHOULD be sent with git send-email tool.
- Patchsets SHOULD contain no more than 12 patches.
The terminology is from http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt
Atheros common module
ath10k uses the common shared ath.ko module.
Statistics on contributions
Visit the ath10k contribution graphs. You can help keep this up to date if you like. If interested contact the ath10k driver maintainers.
Things ath10k developers are currently working on, and other things to do: